Collge Council Committee
ACCOMPANIMENT TO GOVERNMENT RESOLUTION HEALTH & FAMILY
WELFARE DEPARTMENT NO. MCG-1081/2720/J
DATED THE 18.04.1981
1. The executive control of the college in the Dean subject to the approval by the Director of Medical Education & Research, but there is also a college council. The functions of which are defined below. The council is purely an advisory body and will have no executive powers.
2. The council shall consist of the following members :-
a. Dean of the College.
b. Medical Superintendent of the Hospital.
c. Head of the following departments.
2. Physiology/Biochemistry (by rotation if bifurcated).
4. Pathology/Microbiology (by rotation if bifurcated)
5. Preventive and Social Medicine.
8. Obst. & Gynecology.
9. Forensic Medicine.
10. Radiology (Diagnosis/Therapy) (by rotation if bifurcated)
13. Dentistry (Except B.J.Medical College. Ahmedabad)
16. Orthopedic/E.N.T. (by rotation)
17. Phychiatry/Skin & V.D./T.B. & Chest Diseases (by rotation).
There is no necessity of co-opt members, but as and when necessary persons of required speciality may be invited. The Head of each of the department referred to at Sr.No.188.8.131.52 & 16 above should be represented as member of the college council for one academic year by rotation.
3. The Dean of the college will ordinarily be the president of the College Council. In absence of the president from any meeting of the Council. the Medical Superintendent of the Hospital will act as a Chairman of the meeting.
4. Five members including the chairman shall form quorum. In case the members are equally divided at the voting of any resolution, the president shall have a casting vote in addition to his vote.
5. The functions of the College Council shall be as follows :-
a. The Consider all questions relating to the acceptance and disposal of requests and donations to the college and to submit the to the Director of Medical Education and Research) Gujarat State, Ahmedabad with its recommendation.
b. To consider any question or matter which the Dean may bring up before the Council either of his own motion or on a requisition by it, members of the council and setting forth the question or matter to be considered.
c. To consider the programme of lectures and practical works as arranged by the Dean or to approve or amend it, as may appear necessary subject to the final approval of the Director of Medical Education & Research Ahmedabad.
d. To consider any question referred to it by Government or any Educational authority or by the Director of Medical Education & Research, Ahmedabad and to report its opinion or recommendations in regard thereto.
e. To consider any questions concerning the appointments of all the Resident Doctors (Viz. Registrars, Housemen, C.M.Os., A.R. as., C.R.Rs., Clinical Assistant to X-rays etc.) on the establishment of College and / or Hospital except the case of temporary and/ or acting vacancies which will not be placed before the Council. The recommendations of the council will be subject to the approval of the Director of Medical Education & Research, Ahmedabad.
f. To Consider any other question effecting the interest of the college and the Hospital in general and to submit to the Director of Medical and Research, Ahmedabad its recommendation thereof.
g. To consider various problems related to pre-registrations, Compulsory rotating Housemenship and take suitably decisions, but all deviations and modifications will be subject to approval of the Director of Medical Education & Research Ahmedabad.