Department of Biochemistry
1 Patel SM, Shaherwala JG, Patel NR, Mangukiya KK, Sodvadiya KB, XML Schema for Writing ISO 15189:2007- Compliant SOPs For Clinical Laboratory Examinations. NJIMR.2012
2 Patel SM, Patel NR, Mangukiya KK, Shaherwala JG,Mangukiya SJ, Rajput AR, et al. Deveplopment and Implementation of Autoverification algorithm for observed values of examination in clinical chemistry. JEMDS.2013 FEB; 2(7/18):782-94.
3 Saxena P, Mangukiya KK , Shaherwala JG, Patel NR, Rajput AR, Sodvadiya KB, Comparison of alternate glycolysis inhibitors with fluoride for preservation of blood for glucose and other common clinical chemistry examinations.NJIMR.2013 APR.
4 Tailor PB, Shah CJ, Upadhyay NU Patel SM, Establishment of reference range for lipid profile in healthy newborn, infant and low birth weight newborn in Indian population.JSPI 2012 Jul – Aug ;1(4):34-36
5 Tailor PB, Chauhan AP, Joshi RM, Bhabhor P, Evaluation of serum homocysteine as an independent risk factor for myocardial infarction in young patient. NJIRM .2012 Oct – Dec; 2(4):423-6
6 Tailor PB, Chauhan AP, Mehta MM, Joshi RM, Bhabhor P, Study of myocardial involvement and lactic acid production in perinatal asphyxia. NJIRM.2013 Jan – Mar ;3(1):76-9
7 Mangukiya SJ, Patel SM, Shaherwala JG, Patel NR, Mangukiya KK, Modi KR .A case of dermatomyositis with high calcium discharge from skin nodule, NJIRM 2013 MAR- APR.
8 Rajput AR, Patel SM, Saxena P, Patel NR, Mangukiya KK, Shaherwala JG,Mangukiya SJ, Evaluating effect of Ultracentrifugation on Routine Biochemistry Analytes in Lipemic sample
9 Kapadiya MP, Patel SM, Rajput AR, Mangukiya SJ,Soni HD.Costing of plasma Glucose examination at clinical chemistry laboratory of a tertiary care centre
10 Soni HD, Kapadiya MP, Patel SM, Rajput AR, Mangukiya SJ.Use of Hoffmann technique to determine reference range of CKMB from hospital patient clinical laboratory data
11 Sodvadiya KB, Patel SM,Shaherwala JG, Modi KR. Root Cause Analysis as a tool for prevention of non-conformance – an NABL perspective
12 Shaherwala JG, Sodvadiya KB, Patel SM,Modi KR. Use of Hoffmann technique to determine reference range from hospital patient clinical laboratory data
13 Mangukiya SJ, Patel SM, Rajput AR, Soni HD, Kapadiya MP.Clinican’s perception of critical value for various clinical chemistry examinations.
14 Rajput AR, Mangukiya SJ, Patel SM,Soni HD, Kapadiya MP Mirroring of sample positions in microtitre plate as a method to reduce effect of variation in incubation period of samples in ELISA.
Department of Pharmacology
1. Jaykaran. ARRIVE guideline. J Pharm Negative Results 2011;2:43-4.
2. Jaykaran. Proper reporting of statistical parameters in clinical trials published in Indian medical journals. Is inclusion of statistician play any significant role? J Young Pharmacists 2011;3:167-8.
3. Jaykaran, Yadav P, Kantharia ND. Ethics in animal experiments. Indian J Med Ethics 2012 Jan-Mar; 9(1):70-1.
4. NileshChavda, N.D. Kantharia, Jaykaran. Effects of fluoxetine and escitalopram on C – Reactive protein in patients of depression. J PharmacolPharmacother 2011;2:11-6.
5. Jaykaran, PreetiYadav, N.D. Kantharia. Reporting of method of sacrificing the animals in animal studies published in two Indian Pharmacology Journals. J PharmacolPharmacother 2011;2:125-7.
6. Jaykaran, Pankajbhardwaj. Understanding the types of data. InPharmcomminnique.
7. Jaykaran, Pankajbhardwaj. Intention to treat analysis in clinical trials. InPharmcomminnique.
8. Jaykaran. PreetiYadav. NileshChavda, N. D. Kantharia. Factors associated with performance of second year student in Pharmacology examinations. J PharmacolPharmacother 2011;2:123-5.
9. Jaykaran, Deepak saxena, Hitesh shah. Full moon and crimes – Is there any association exists?. International Journal of Criminology and Sociological theories 2010;3:419-424.
10 .Jaykaran, PreetiYadav. Quality of reporting of statistics in the articles published in two Indian Pharmacology Journals. J PharmacolPharmacother 2011;2:85-9.
11. Jaykaran, Deepak Saxena, PreetiYadav, N.D. Kantharia, Paresh Solanki. Quality of reporting of inferential and descriptive statistics in negative studies published in Indian Medical Journals. J Pharm Negative Results 2011;2:39-41.
12. Jaykaran. Data Transformation. J PharmacolPharmacother 2011;2:43-4.
13. Jaykaran, Deepak Saxena. Clinical trials with poor methodological qualities and poor statistics: are they ethical. J Pharm Negative Results 2011;2:42-3.
14. Jaykaran, Deepak Saxena, PreetiYadav, N.D. Kantharia. Most of the inconclusive studies published in Indian Medical Journals are underpowered. Indian Pediatrics 2011;48:491-92.
15. Jaykaran. Some issues related to advertisements of “complan”. Indian Pediatr 2011;48: 412.
16. PuravMody, Jaykaran. Doctors criticise proposed changes to the undergraduate medical curriculum in India. BMJ 2011; 342:d1043.
17. Jaykaran, SolankyParesh, Saxena Deepak, Kantharia N.D. Study Design and Statistical Methods in Indian Medical Journals. J Pharm Negative Results 2011;2:39-41.
18. Jaykaran, Saxena Deepak, YadavPreeti, Kantharia N.D. Negative studies published in Medical Journals of India do not give sufficient information regarding power/sample size calculation and confidence interval. J Postgrad Med 2011;57:176-7.
19. Chavda N, Yadav P, Karan J, Kantharia ND. [Second MBBS medical student’s feedback on teaching methodology and evaluation methods in Pharmacology]. NJPPP. (2011), [cited April 03, 2011]; 1(1): 23-31.
20. Karan J, Panwar A, Yadav P, Kantharia ND. Metaphors and symbols in drug promotional literature distributed by pharmaceutical companies. NJPPP. (2011), [cited April 03, 2011]; 1(1): 32-34.
21. Jaykaran, Deepak Saxena, PreetiYadav, N. D. Kantharia. Drug promotional literatures distributed by pharmaceutical companies: Do they providing enough information to ascertain their validity? J PharmacolPharmacother 2011;2:192-4.
22. Jaykaran. Don't use great people to sell your drug. Indian J Med Ethics. 2011 Oct-Dec ;8(4):263.
23. Jaykaran, Saxena Deepak, YadavPreeti, Kantharia N.D. Drug advertisements published in Indian Medical Journals: Are they ethical? J Pharm BioallSci 2011;3:403-6.
24. Jaykaran, Saxena Deepak, YadavPreeti, Kantharia N.D. Reporting of outcomes in drug promotional materials distributed by pharmaceutical companies. J Postgrad Med 2011;57:256-7.
25. Jaykaran, Yadav P, Kantharia ND. Reporting of sample size and power in negative clinical trials published in Indian medical journals. J Pharm Negative Results 2011;2:87-90
26. Jaykaran, Saxena Deepak, YadavPreeti, Kantharia N. D. Non significant P value can not prove null hypothesis: Absence of evidence is not evidence of absence. J Pharm BioallSci 2011;3:465-6.
27. PreetiYadav, Jaykaran, MayurChaudhari, Deepak Saxena, N. D. Kantharia. Clinical trial registered in clinical trial registry of India: A Survey. J PharmacolPharmacother 2011;2:289-92.
28. Jaykaran, Yadav P, Kantharia ND, Saxena D. Gender and racial bias in drug promotional material distributed by pharmaceutical companies. J PharmacolPharmacother 2012;3:55-6.
29. PreetiYadav, Anita Sinha, Jay Karan, PuravMody, A S Panwar, N. D. Kantharia. Awareness about emergency contraceptives pill in women who came for medical termination of pregnancy. NJPPP. 2011; 1(2): 68-78.
30. Jaykaran Charan, SummaiyaMulla, Sridhar Ryavanki, NareshKantharia. New Delhi Metallo – beta lactamase – 1 containing Enterobacteriaceae: origin, diagnosis, treatment and public health concern. The Pan African Medical Journal. 2012;11:22
31. Mulla S, Charan J, Panvala T. Antibiotic sensitivity of Enterobacteriaceae at a tertiary care center in India. Chron Young Sci 2011;2:214-8.
32. Jaykaran, Deepak Saxena, PreetiYadav, N. D. Kantharia. Quality of antidepressant drugs research articles published in Indian medical journals. Indian J Psychol Med. 2011 Jul;33(2):141-4.
33. Buch N, Goyal JP, Kumar N, Parmar I, Shah VB, Charan J. Prevalence of hypertension in school going children of Surat city, Western India. J Cardiovasc Dis Res 2011;2:228-32. Charan J, Saxena D. Suggested Statistical Reporting Guidelines for Clinical Trials Data. Indian J Psychol Med 2012;34:25-9.
34. Charan J, Goyal JP, Saxena D, Yadav P. Vitamin D for prevention of respiratory tract infections: A systematic review and meta-analysis. J PharmacolPharmacother 2012;3:300-3.
35. Mody P, Biswas T, Charan J, Parikh D. Reporting of adverse drug reactions in clinical trials published in Indian Medical/Dental journals. J PharmacolPharmacother 2012;3:325-6.
36. Charan J, Saxena D, MullaSummaiya, Yadav P. Antibiotics for the treatment of leptospirosis: Systematic Review and Meta-analysis of controlled trials. International Journal of Preventive Medicine. In Press.
37. Charan J, Goyal J, Saxena D. Effect of pollypill on cardiovascular parameters: Systematic review and meta-analysis. Journal of Cardiovascular Disease. In press.
38. Charan J, Biswas T. How to calculate sample size for different study design in medical research. Indian Journal of Psychological Medicine. In Press
39. Chetna Patel. Book Review: “Topics in the history of pharmacology” Journal of young pharmacist.
40. Chetna Patel. “Local susceptibility pattern- needs mandatory implementation” Journal of chemical and pharmaceutical research
41. Chetna Patel. Pharmacovigilance: A worldwide master key for drug safety monitoring, some additional information. Journal of young pharmacist.
42. Chetna Patel. “Study of sensitivity and resistance pattern of P. aeruginosa to different antimicrobial agents in tertiary care teaching hospital, Vadodara, Gujarat. International journal of pharmaceutical research.
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology
Sacrospinous fixation for prevention of vault prolapse in IJOGNo49Vol4Pg164-176
Uteroplacental Doppler in screening for High Risk Pregnancy in IJOG No.51Pg 123-132
Umbilical and cerebral arterial flow velocity waveforms and neonatal outcome in high risk pregnancy Jo of O&G-may june 07
Maternal and fetal CVS sideeffects of nifidipine and ritodrive used as tocolyticsJo of O&G Aug07
Department of Microbiology
Prevelence of Trichomonasvaginalis infection in and around Surat I J P M- 2005 by Dr.TanujaChakraborty, Dr.S.A.Mulla
Comparision of MAT and ELISA for Leptospirosis I J P M- 2006 by Dr.S.A.Mulla, Dr.TanujaChakraborty, Dr.GeetaVaghela, Dr.Manish Patel
Study of Filarial antigen & antibody in serum and hydrocele fluid of Patients with isolated hydrocele International Journal of Urology, Dr.S.A.Mulla
A Study of opportunistic infection in HIV sero positive patients,IJCM- volum 32 ,Dr.S.A.Mulla, Dr.GeetaVaghela, Dr.Manish Patel, DrNazimaMotala.
A Study Of antibiotic Sensitivity Patterns of MRSA. ,Dr.S.A.Mulla, Dr.GeetaVaghela, Dr.Manish Patel, DrLatika Shah .
Changing trends of poisoning in Surat; Published in International Journal of Medical Toxicology and Legal Medicine, Vol. 6, No. 2, 2004, 17. - M.I. Sheikh, Dr. S. S. Agarwal, Dr. Lavlesh Kumar, Dr. ShaileshJhaveri
Suicide in Custody; Published in Journal Torture, Vol. 14, No. 1, 2004, 35-37. - Dr. M.I. Sheikh, Dr. S. S. Agarwal
Sudden Death- A case of Hypertrophic Cardiomyopathy; Published in Journal of Indian Academy of Forensic Medicine, Vol. 20, No. 4, 2004, 157-159. - Dr. S. S. Agarwal, Dr. C.K. Choksi
Homicidal Aluminum Phosphide Poisoning; Published in Journal of Indian Society of Toxicology, Vol. 1, No. 2, 2005, 49-50. - Dr. S. S. Agarwal, Dr. Lavlesh Kumar, Dr. S. Kumar, Dr. M.I. Sheikh
Cranio-cerebral trauma- A postmortem study on 0-15 years age group; Published in Journal of Indian Academy of Forensic Medicine, Vol. 27, No. 3, 2005, 154-158. - Dr. S. S. Agarwal, Dr. M.I. Sheikh, Dr. Lavlesh Kumar
- Fatal gastrointestinal bleeding- A complication following spinal injury; Published in Journal of Indian Academy of Forensic Medicine, Vol. 27, No. 3, 2005, 192-194. - Dr. S. S. Agarwal, Dr. Lavlesh Kumar, Dr. K. H. Chavli, Dr. ShaileshJhaveri
Partial postmortem- Negligence or ?; Published in Journal of Indian Academy of Forensic Medicine, Vol. 27, No. 4, 2005, 258-259. - Dr. M.I. Sheikh, Dr. S. Kumar, Dr. S. S. Agarwal, Dr. Lavlesh Kumar
Complete Suspense of strangulation published in “Journal of Indian Academy of Forensic Medicine” volume: 31, No. 2 April - June 2009. - Dr. Ganesh Govekar, DrVinesh Shah, DrGaurang Patel
Department of Ophthalmology
1. Amblyopia –An unforeseen frontier GMJ Vol. 58, March 01, pg 41
2. Apparent accommodation in eyes after PC IOL implantation, Kerala Jr. of ophthalmology vol. XIII, march 01, pg 18
3. Article –“PMOA- A keymanEndervour in Blindness control, IAPSM Gujarat chapter, vol 2 issue
4. Phacoemulsification a small incision cataract surgery. GMJ, Vol.
5. Profile of fireworks related owlar injuries (FROI) from western India, Indian Jr. of community medicine, vol.30, no. 3, July-Sept 2005 pg 98’
Department of Medicine
Dr P Z Wadia - Studyof effect of Oseltamivir in H1N1 influenza within 48 hours of disease onset.31st APGCON -2009-10
DrK N Bhatt – A. Studyof Clinical profile of DM according to staged Diabetic management in
SuratDistrict:RSSDI 2010 Kochi
B. Studyof clinical profile of novel H1N1 patients in surat district from June 2009 to March 2010: Journal of API, Jan 2011
C. Studyof clinical profile of H1N1 patients in surat district from June 2009 to
Dec 2009: (31st APGCON -2009-10)
DrParul Bhatt – A. Pancytopenia-nutritional anaemia most commonest cause'Journal API-jan2011
B. Role of cyclophosphemide in Leptospirosis (APG-2009-10)
Dr. AshvinVasava – A. Cyclophosphomide in pulmonary alveolar haemorrhage due to leptospirosis Indian Journal of critical care Medicine Apr-June 2009, Vol 13. Issue 2.
B.Plasma exchange with immunosupression in pulmonary alveolar haemorrhage due to leptospirosis. Indian Journal of Medical Research, March 2010.
Dr. Tinkal Patel. A. Cyclophosphomide in pulmonary alveolar haemorrhage due to leptospirosis Indian Journal of critical care Medicine. Apr-June 2009, Vol 13. Issue 2.
B.Plasma exchange with immunosupression in pulmonary alveolar haemorrhage due to leptospirosis. Indian Journal of Medical Research, March 2010.
DrShaileshJethwa – A. Study of clinical profile of DM according to staged Diabetic management in SuratDistrict:RSSDI 2010
B.Study of clinical profile of novel H1N1 patients in surat district from June 2009 to March 2010: Journal of API, Jan 2011
C.Study of clinical profile of H1N1 patients in surat district from June 2009 to Dec 2009: (31st APGCON -2009-10)
Dr. Rene P. Eapen- A study of clinical profile and risk factors of cerebrovascular stroke IMA GSB news bulletin (Gujarat Medical Journal) Vol.-4 issue 8 Aug-2009
DrSandipBhagat- Case report :Locked-in syndrome in snakebite [JAPI-vol 56-Feb 2008]
DrKaushal Patel- Study of effect of Oseltamivir in H1N1 influenza within 48 hours of disease onset.31st APGCON -2009-10
Department of Pathology
Vasoocculusion by sickled RBCs in 5 autopsy cases of sudden death. Dr M M Patel, DrJignaModi, Dr S M Patel, Dr R D Patel The Indian Journal of Pathology&Microbiology, 2007: 50(4); 914-916.
Utility of scrape smear in diagnosis of Pagetsdisease of breast: A casereport Patel M M, Modi J P, Patel T S Journal of Cytology, 2007; 24(3).
Clinicohistopathologicalcorrelation of LeprosyDrHemali J Tailor, DrAmrish Pandya Indian Journal of Dermatology, Venereology&Leprology, Vol-74, Issue 2, March-April 2008, Page 174-176.
Lepromatous lymphadenitis masquerading as lymphoma LeprosyReview (2005);76,87-90. Dr M M Patel
Microfilaria in cytologysmears.Real culprits or trapped accidentally by needles?Astudy of 10 cases. Cytopathology 2005,16,1-2 Dr M M Patel
.Acute childhoodleukemia : Our institutional experience regarding typeage ,sex distribution and laboratory findings. Indian medicalgazette sep.2008,vol CXLll-no.9.
Dr M MPatel.Incidentaldetection of microfilaria in breast lump aspiration. Journal of cytology2003;(20)(2);106-107.
Left shoulder region metastasis from hepatocellular carcinoma as an Initialpresentationa case report. Dr M M Patel Indian J pathology, microbiology2004;47(1);59-61
Relationship of oralcancer with age, sex, sitedistribution and habits. Dr M M Patel Indian J pathology , microbiology 2004;47(2):195-197
Department of Anatomy
1. D. Patil, C. Mehta & B. Prajapati. Morphology of Mitral valve in Human cadavers. The Internet Journal of Cardiology™ ISSN: 1528-834X Year:2009Volume:7 Issue:2.
2. ChintanRohitkumar Bhatt, Meenaxi Sanjay Bansal, Chandrakant D Mehta. Variation In Peroneus Teritius Tendon And Its Clinical Implications. Journal of Orthopaedics2010;7:2.
Department of Anesthesiology
Dr. VandanaParmar, Dr. JigishaBadheka& Dr. Malini Mehta Efficacy of intrathecal tramadol for postoperative pain relief Gujarat Medical Journal 2000; 57 (2): 79 - 80
Dr. DipakRaval& Dr. Malini Mehta Oral clonidine premedication for attenuation of haemodyamic response to laryngoscopy & intubation. Indian Journal of Anaesthesia 2002; 46 (2): 124 - 129.
Dr. Gojendra&DrMalini Mehta A comparative study of volume & pH of gastric fluid after ingestion of water & sugar containing clear fluid in children. Indian Journal of Anaesthesia 2007; 51 (2): 117 -120.
Dr. Heena Parikh & Dr. Malini Mehta A study of QT interval and QT dispersion during laparoscopic cholecystectomy. Indian Journal of Anaesthesia 2009; 53 (2): 193 -196.
Dr. Neeta Chaudhari, Dr. S. Nair, Dr. H.J. Patel & Dr. S.S. SabnisAnaesthetic management of left common carotid artery aneurysm Indian Journal of Anaesthesia 1997; 40 (1): 54 - 57.
Dr. Neeta Chaudhari, Dr. Malini Mehta & Dr. Geeta Agarwal Insertion of LMA in a patient with severe neck contracture. Clinical Pharmacology 1998; 14 (1): 86 - 87
Dr. P. N. Jain, Dr. Neeta Kavishvar& Dr. Rakesh Refractory headache in a patient with breast cancer & carcinomatous meningitis unresponsive to analgesics: case report Journal of pain & palliative care pharmacotherapy 2005; 19 (2): 33 - 35.
Department of Immunohemetology and Blood transfusion
1. AN Pandya, MM Patel. Relationship of oral cancer with age, sex, site distribution and habits. Indian journal of Pathol and Microbiol. April 2004; 47:195-7.
2. AN Pandya, N Bagla, MM Patel. Microfilaria in cytology smear: real culprits or trapped accidentallyby needles? A study of 10 cases, Correspondence. Cytopathology. December 2005; 16:316-7.
3. DrHemali J Tailor, DrAmrish Pandya. Clinicohistopathological correlation of Leprosy. Indian Journal of Dermatology, Venereology &Leprology. 2008; 74(2): 174-6.
4. AN Pandya, MM Patel. Acute Childhood Leukemia: Our Institutional Experience Regarding Type, Age, Sex Distribution & Laboratory Findings. Indian Medical Gazette. September 2008; 339-42.
5. AN Pandya, ArpitaNishal, Hemali Tailor. Clear Cell Sarcoma Diagnosis by Fine Needle Aspiration: Cytologic, Histologic and Immunohistological Features- Literature Review- a case report. Indianmedical gazette. December 2009;489-92.
6. AN Pandya, RD Patel, Pinal Shah, Prashant J Patel. Adenoid cystic carcinoma of breast, importance of differentiation from collagenous spherulosis by FNAC - A Case report. Journal of Cytology. April 2010; 27(2):69-70.
7. AN Pandya, ArpitaNishal, Hemali tailor. A Case of Malignant Low Grade Endometrial Stromal Sarcoma and Review of the Literature. National Journal of Community Medicine. May2011; 2(1) :152-4.
8. AN Pandya, ArpitaNishal, Hemali tailor. Invasive micro papillary carcinoma of the breast: a caseReport. National Journal of Community Medicine. May2011; 2(1):155-7.
9. AN Pandya, MM Patel, JignaModi. Cervical Pap smear study and its utility in cancer screening, to specify the strategy for cervical cancer control in our set up. National journal of Community Medicine. May 2011; 2( 1):49-51.
10. Pandya AN, Shah NP. Comparative evaluation of Robinson’s Cytological grading with Elston and Ellis’ Nottingham Modification of Bloom Richardson Histopathologyn Grading for Breast carcinoma. Natl J Community Med. 2012;3(3): 491-51.
11. Patel Jitendra N, NishalArpita J. Single Donor Platelet versus Random Donor Platelet concentrates in patients with thrombocytopenia – our experience. Pathology & Laboratory Medicine 2009;1(2):121-35.
12. Jitendra Patel, B M Jha, BhavnaGamit, Kunal J Prajapati. Hemoglobin E disorders in South Gujarat – A study of 35 cases. National Journal of Community Medicine 2012;3(1):66-70.
13. Jitendra Patel, B M Jha, ArpitaNishal, ShaileshLavana, Ritesh Shah, ReenaDudhat. Haemoglobin A2 Level – A comparative study between patients with malaria and healthy individuals. National Journal of Medical Research 2012;2(1):63-66.
14. B M Jha, Mubin Patel, Komal Patel, Jitendra Patel. A study on cervical Pap smear examination in patients living with HIV. National Journal of Medical Research 2012;2(1):81-84.